Saturday, November 13, 2010

Snow Day and a Winner

Hi! No, today's not a snow day in North Carolina, but there will be one before too long. I do, however, have a Snow Day scrapbook page to share with you.

Here's my little guy last January enjoying a bit of newly fallen snow. Well, these photos were taken as soon he got outside and he hadn't warmed up to the cold yet! ;)


For this page, I used a brand new digital kit available exclusively at Two Peas in a Bucket called 'Frozen' by Polka Dot Pixels. Cool kit! Pun intended! :)


For the stitching, I used a couple elements from the kit for the large snowflake and page title.


In addition to the stitching, I added a couple crochet snowflakes, buttons and scalloped borders.


Love the look on Christopher's face in the top photo! Brr! :)

Now for the winner of yesterday's cards from my last SEI Lifestyle blog post. Strobels is the winner! Congratulations! Thank you for being a part of my special guest blogger week. I hope you enjoy the cards!

Before I run, I want to share one more thing...a very sweet card I received in the mail this week.


I adore this card! I received it from Lin of Sending Hugs. She recently won a giveaway I had for some vintage ladybug pins and sent this lovely card to thank me for them. Such a thoughtful gesture that made my day! Funny thing is, Lin just recently started coming to my blog and didn't know how much I love birds and the 'enjoy the little things' quote!


Here's Lin's card on my Thanksgiving table. I've mentioned on another blog post how I use cards that people give me and those that I make to decorate our home. I think Lin's card looks perfect on the table! If you see this post Lin....thank you! :)

Well, I'm off today on a big adventure, a treasure hunt for vintage goodies. My gal pal Audrey and I are going to hit the road in search of new antique/junk stores we haven't been to yet. I'll bring the camera and hopefully I'll have some fun stories and pictures to share with you!

Have a super day! Thanks for spending a little bit of it here on my blog!!!! I'll try to be back tomorrow for another page share. I have the page done, but I need to photograph it and.....hopefully my grand adventure Saturday doesn't spill into Sunday! ;) Kathy

18 comments:

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

What a GREAT layout and I LOVE that outline snowflake!!!

Niki Estes said...

This is such a cute layout, Kathy! I love the stitched title!

Virginia L. said...

Love your cool layout and the little crochet snowflake is so very lovely! And of course, I adore your stitching!! Isn't Lin sweet? I met her from my beginning of card-making in Hero Arts group, she has been like a big sis (that's what I call her) to me! I may even have a chance to finally meet her in Florida in Feb....I can't wait :) Have fun on your adventure with Audrey!

Strobels said...

Yay I won! :) I need to send you my address!

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! That page is amazing! Did you seriously sew that "snow day"?! Amazing!

mamichelle said...

What a sweet layout!!

Suzanne C said...

Love the expression on your sons face! Too cute! Great layout! Lin's card is beautiful!

Nana said...

Wow, gorgeous page and fabulous stitching!
hugs

~Patty~ said...

Girl I'm just loving all this stitching. It looks awesome !!!

Audrey Pettit said...

We did have a grand day, didn't we? So many fun new places to discover. I've set all my new pretties out so that I can look at them. :)
Love, love, love that snow page, my friend! The photos and their arrangement totally rocks, and I adore all your stitching and the crocheted snowflakes. Great kit and a great page.

Lynn said...

Hope your vintage hunt was a ball! I love that stitched title...and a great way to photograph your layouts!

Windy Robinson said...

Hi Kathy! Lovely page... the snowflakes make me yearn for a white Christmas:)

Lin said...

Just now seeing your post that mentioned my card - how sweet of you! Thanks for the mention. And your layout is darling - love the stitching and the crochet snowflakes. And your little sweetie too :)

pattyo said...

You do a great job stitching titles! Love your Thanksgiving table setup! Isn't it wonderful to receive a handmade item--makes your day!

Anonymous said...

Amazon launched two new Kindle e-readers priced at $139 and $189 late Wednesday, with the cheaper version a Wi-Fi-only e-reader and $10 less than the Wi-Fi-only Nook.
[url=http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9179853/Amazon_launches_two_new_Kindles_one_with_Wi_Fi_only]ComputerWorld[/url]
http://www.computerworld.com/
555

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!

Anonymous said...

Good article. Thank you.
http://buyzolpidem-zolpidem.blogspot.com/2011/01/buy-veronal.html

Erectile Dysfunction said...

This is good site to spent time on.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...