Sunday, May 20, 2012

Shabby Love

Do you enjoy other craft related hobbies besides scrapbooking and card making? Do you knit or crochet. Do you know your way around a sewing machine? Maybe you paint? I think it's refreshing from time-to-time to dabble in something different than my usual craft. And I think it's fun to see if I can utilize some of my many paper crafting tools in different ways like I did for this project.


I created this little heart ornament using the Spellbinders scalloped heart nesting dies and some canvas. Once my canvas was cut, I used this bird image from Doodlebug Design's new 'Love Life' Stamp set and colored it in with Copic markers.


You have to be pretty careful coloring around the lines of your image when using canvas since it bleeds easily. The heart is filled with a couple cotton balls and then hand stitched around the edges. This ornament fits in perfectly with all my vintage treasures.

Hope you have a good start to your week and can join me tomorrow for a Bella Blvd. project share.

Thanks for stopping in!

Kathy :)

5 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

I think this is so darn adorable! Right up my stitchy little alley!

cnelson said...

Soooooooo CUTE! Soooooo SWEET! LOVE!

sherry said...

LOVE.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Darling! Love the sweet image and the scallop heart shape.

Alice said...

too cute and sweet! love this fun project, Kathy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...