Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Birthday

Hello!

How was your weekend? I hope it left you feeling well rested and ready to take on a new week! I managed to make the time for cooking, crafting, reading and hanging out with my boys.

A couple weeks ago I challenged myself to create a card using only papers from my scrap bin. At one time that wouldn't have been much of a challenge because I had a ton of scraps! Currently, since I donated all my scraps, I have very little! I have no more than six pieces of patterned paper and half of those are Christmas themed! With one piece of patterned paper, a piece of cream card stock for the base and another color coordinated piece of card stock, I made the following card.


This patterned paper is so cute, I thought I should be able to come up with something fun!


I also had some rubber accents left over from another project that match this paper.


I always enjoy incorporating some stitching accents.


The final touches include this manila tag with negative die cut letters and a sentiment from Pebbles. The twine is from Doodlebug and the mini paper clip is Tim Holtz. I can't remember who made this adorable patterned paper. It coordinates with the Simple Stories 100 Days of Summer collection.


I hope you like my crafty share for the day. And I hope you have a terrific Monday!

I'll be back tomorrow with some more paper goodness! Thanks for stopping by!

Kathy :)

3 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

This is ADORABLE Kathy! LOVE that little rubber accent. Just pure fun!

cnelson said...

This is just DARLING! Great use of those scraps!

Audrey Pettit said...

Cute card, Kathy! And fabulous use of scraps. Love the simple grid you created with that fun paper and your stitching. The tag and the rubber accent are just perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...