Thursday, February 23, 2012

All You Need is Love and a Cat

Hi!

I'm so excited that it's going to be 75 degrees today! That's about as perfect as you can get! I absolutely love days like these when you can open the windows, let the fresh air in and hear the birds outside! Ah....it's the littlest things that make me the happiest!

Another little thing that makes me very happy is our kitty cat, Latte. He's the fluffiest lump of love and a such a wonderful companion! He (the boss) spends his mornings with me in the office, laying on his beloved cardboard couch, basking in the sun!

Anyway, I've been working on a scrapbook page of Latte. A page that's inspired by one of my all-time favorite scrappers, Kinsey Wilson. She and I are hand stitchers and she is known for her detailed stitchy designs! If you don't know of her or her work, you really have to go take a peek...I promise you you will be awed and inspired!

So I wanted to create my own stitching pattern/creation and came up with this...


If you would like to see any of the photos in more detail, click on any of them to enlarge.


This pattern was cut using the Silhouette. I used negative and positive parts of the die cut as a guide for stitching.


I used some of the die pieces throughout my layout.


Here's another one of the manila tags with reverse die lettering...I made a bunch of them recently.


I thought some vellum butterflies would make a great accent as you can imagine a kitty cat watching them flutter about.


The title is also a Silhouette die cut. It's a new one that I just had to have! ;)


This project was created just for the sake of playing. I think it helps take the pressure off of having to come up with something exceptional as with design team assignments. Playing freely is relaxing and I think the results help to boost creativity.

So, I'll show you a few photos of our kitty kitty. He's just so lazy and funny!


Here he is next to his favorite cardboard 'couch'. He starts out curled up on it, but when he really gets sleepy and wants to get comfortable, he rolls off the side! It's really funny...he just spills over the edge!


After sleeping on one side for a spell, he'll rooooollll the other way! He's had plenty of sun on his back so now it's time to warm his belly! ;)


Here's a close up of that fluffy furry tummy! I'm sure you can imagine the large dust bunnies that waft around our home with this belly and a brother who is equally fuzzy!


This guy's got fuzzy fur feet to match! See that eye peeking at me...I don't think he's too pleased that I'm interrupting his nap and snapping photos! ;)


He's decided to ignore me and roll back over in an attempt to end our photo session! Okay, Latte, resume napping! You are the champion of nappers! ;)


One last photo...a recent scrapbook page I created for Latte's brother, Java. See...he's just as furry and cute! He's darker than his brother.

I hope you enjoyed my 'cute' post! :) And I hope my kitties put a little smile on your face today!

Kathy :)

7 comments:

Nathalie said...

This page just blew me away!!!!! I LOVE everything about it!!!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Oh my heavens! What a wonderful blog post! So full of amazing art work and such cute photos. You rock! LOVE all that stitching detail - it's perfect.

Ruth G said...

I love all the stitching that you and Kinsey incorporate into your work! It's just so wonderful! Love the kitties! Looks like they might be Maine coons with all that fluffiness? Enjoy them and thanks for sharing their wonderful kittiness!

papertrails leaver said...

Kathy these are incredible stitches and designs! I love the petal stitch and then the love tag cut out! Wowweeee! Great pages!

Audrey Pettit said...

What an awesome page, my friend! LOVE all that stitching! Such a fabulous block design. SO adore the grid you created with the die cuts/negatives. Really, really cool!

cnelson said...

Oh WOW!!! I'm quite speechless really!!! That pattern..that stitching ...that design...ALL BRILLIANT!! Your lo of Java is just as CUTE as can be too! I'm quite in AWE of your skills! !

Tara Bilbao said...

OMG that fluffy kitty is toooo much. I just want to snuggle him. I love the layout and how you have created a special page for your furry family member. SO CUTE AND FLUFFY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...