Friday, July 22, 2011

How to Beat the Heat

Hello!

With blistering HOT temperatures covering most of the US, including North Carolina, I thought it was the perfect time to share this scrapbook page!


I'm beating the heat by scraping away inside my air conditioned craft room! And I'm using a brand new digital kit from Two Peas in a Bucket called 'Beat the Heat' by Chrissy W. Look at these fabulously colorful papers!!!


With summer in full swing, this kit is perfect for beach, pool and slip and slide pages!


This kit contains some great phrases that I used as templates to accent my page.


I LOVE stitching and got a bit carried away here with the water!


Ooh la la, I really like this umbrella. I erased the digital umbrella post before I printed it out so I could add a real wooden one...a bamboo skewer!


A few of my favorite die cuts were put to use for the sub-title strips, hidden journaling spot, title background, folder tab, and butterflies.

This picture was taken last summer on our annual beach trip...which is coming up soon. I'm so excited...it's another way to beat the heat!

Stay cool! And hopefully wet! :) Kathy

5 comments:

Lin said...

Love all your stitching, Kathy, and that swirly water looks pretty inviting!

Aimes said...

Way to rock the stitching, Kathy! Oooh I'm in summer bliss with this gorgeous, fresh, LO!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

cnelson said...

Soooooo CUTE! LOVE the umbrella, stitching, colors...everything!

Audrey Pettit said...

cute, cute page, Kathy! Love those fun papers. the wave one is SO eye catching, and your stitching is amazing. Love the stitched words, too, and that umbrella is fabulous. :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a FUN page Kathy. Love the summer elements... the stitching is fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...