Monday, February 28, 2011

Strawberry Iced Kisses

Hi!

Did you have a good weekend? I had a fabulous one with gorgeous weather and all! Today is another beautiful day with the windows open and I can hear a couple of crows 'talking' back and forth, a bird of pray is flying around making its call and occasionally I hear the Canadian Geese at the lake in our neighborhood. It's so nice to take a deep breath, close my eyes and listen...take it all in!

Okay, back to the task at hand! ;) I want to share a card I just made this morning.


I love these floral and vintage looking patterned papers from a new digital kit at Two Peas in a Bucket called
'Strawberry Iced Kisses - Papier Selection'
from Anita M. Richards. So feminine and beautiful, I thought they would be perfect for a Mother's Day card!


I added a lot of Walnut Distress Ink to the edges of my card stock and papers to give the card an aged appearance. The wrinkled and dyed seam binding works fabulously, I think.


I used die cuts from three different companies...Papertrey Ink, Spellbinders and Quickutz. Love the look of die cuts! The pretty paper rose is from  Prima Marketing.

And there you have it. Not to early to think of Mother's Day! That's one thing less on my to-do list!
Have a super duper Monday! :) Kathy

10 comments:

Unknown said...

so pretty :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful card, my dear! I just love the vintage look to it. Those papers are so pretty and I love the layered die cut shapes. Gorgeous seam binding bow and flower, too.
And wasn't today just gorgeous? Sure wish tomorrow was going to be the same. But I'll take what we can get. :)

Laurel said...

Oh this is so pretty!

cnelson said...

Such a GORGEOUS card Kathy! LOVE it so much!!!

Suzanne said...

I really love this!!! Just lovely!

Diane Jaquay said...

Those papers are gorgeous Kathy, and so is your vintage card!!

Elizabeth said...

This is a beautiful card!!!! I love how pretty this card is!!!!
I sure hope we start having gorgeous weather here. Right now it's snowing really hard and dismal outside!
e.

Rose said...

I love this, Kathy! So beautiful and shabbilicious!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Kathy. Love the shapes and the gorgeous paper rose. :o)

Vicki Burdick said...

Oh My Kathy,, this is gorgeous!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...