Thursday, December 3, 2009

December Third

Today has been a busy crazy day! A great day! I've been preparing for a last minute invitation to set up and run a craft booth at Raleigh's Winterfest tomorrow night! Apparently, a vendor became ill so the event coordinator jumped on Etsy to find a creative replacement and found my shop! Funny how things like this happen! Anyway, so I've been running around like a crazy woman preparing for this event that will take place in less than 24 hours! Thank goodness for dear friends like Audrey who is going to work the booth with me and bring her goods to sell as well. Together we're going to put on the best darn craft booth there! So, if any of you can join us, we would LOVE to see you!



There will be tons of fun activities for the whole family, including choral and dance groups, ice skating, train rides, a tree lighting ceremony, food, free carriage rides and more. The Crafters and Artisans Market will be open from 5-9 pm. For more information on the event, log onto http://www.raleighwinterfest.com/.

Another thing I managed to do today, that I couldn't put off any longer, was to wrestle our Thanksgiving turkey and strip the remaining meat before it flew south! It's amazing how long it takes to do this and how much meat there is! I had enough to freeze half for soup next week and I made turkey chili with the other half today. Thanks Audrey for the idea! :) Anyway, I simply used a package of McCormick's chili seasoning, followed the recipe replacing the hamburger meat for turkey. I also added a bit of corn. Done!



The final thing I'd like to share with you, this third day of December, is our Christmas tree. We always put up the tree on Thanksgiving weekend. We have so many special ornaments that we have collected over the years that we want to enjoy them for as long as possible. Almost every evening in December, we sit in front of the tree after dinner and drink hot cocoa with mini marshmallows and a dash of cinnamon. Ah, life is good! Thanks for joining me for another day in December post. Enjoy!


2 comments:

cnelson said...

You are going to have the BEST booth there and I so wish I lived close so I could be there! Your tree is beautiful. One of my favorite things is to cozy up by the tree with a cup of hot cocoa. Life is good! That chili looks super yummy!

Audrey Pettit said...

Your tree looks so beautiful, Kathy! I love all your special ornaments, and your got your home looking so festive for the holidays. Chili looks super yummy, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...