Thursday, December 24, 2009

December Daily - Christmas Eve

Here it is! The days we've been preparing and planing for! Santa Claus is coming to town tonight and my son couldn't be more excited or anxious! This year he decided to ask Santa for two gifts and he's probably wondering if he'll bring both of them. Christopher wants a Lego City Garage and the Lego City Construction Site. Oh to be a child on Christmas eve! I was never able to sleep thinking about Santa coming and what would be under the tree in the morning. As an adult I can sleep most of the night, but I still find I'm a bit restless anticipating the excitement of the next day!



Here's the annual gingerbread house my son and I made yesterday. I think it's the best one we've done so far. This year we decided to decorate all the gingerbread pieces before we assembled the house which made it much easier to place the candies on and to pipe the frosting. Christopher picked this house design with the mint leaf gum drops sliced in slivers and added to the house door and roof ledge as pine decor. Turned out quite cute.

Thank you once again for dropping by my blog today and throughout December. It's been fun sharing the month with you! Have a very Merry Christmas! Hope all your dreams come true! :) Kathy

3 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Darling! Merry Christmas :)
hugs,
Laura

Audrey Pettit said...

Your house turned out so cute! Great idea Christopher had about the green candies....definitely looks like pine boughs.
Wishing you a very merry Christmas today. I hope Santa brings everyone exactly what they were hoping for!

Jessie Fincham said...

very cute! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...