Thursday, December 17, 2009

December Daily - Day Sixteen/Seventeen

Wow, what a fun and busy time of year! I missed posting yesterday because I was gone all day visiting a friend and having a swell time! I have to share with you a couple Christmas gifts she gave me because they are just too sweet and cute and hopefully they'll put a smile on your face like they do for me. I put these two in my bedroom when I got home last night so that I would wake up to their cute faces.



I love the vintage look of this Santa and his long thick beard! He's just so sweet standing on his little green box. On the back of him he has sparkly snow that's fallen on his hat and coat. Lovely detailed guy, isn't he?



Isn't this snowman just as fun as can be, standing on his snowball with a belt of jingle bells and a 'Wish' sign?!?! And look at those chubby legs! Too fun! And that collar is adorable. These two will be cherished for many Christmases to come!

Now for a crafty share. I think I'll show a snowy item since we are expecting a snow storm to come our way and it may interrupt the last day of class before the holiday break.



I purchased this little shovel at the craft store in the unfinished wood section and painted the handle white. Then I layered some felt snowflakes. The very top snowfake is a glittered button that I clipped the shank from. Then some rhinestons were added to the end of the white felt snowflake. I attached all the snowflakes to the handle of the shovel. The silver mesh ribbon was tied together with white craft string, a white button and a couple silver jingle bells. Finally, a few snowflake rub-ons were added to the metal and I called it done! Easy, fun and a great decor item for Christmas and throughout January.

Thanks for dropping by my December Daily. Hope you enjoyed my post and will come back tomorrow! Enjoy! :) Kathy

3 comments:

cnelson said...

Those gifts are just the cutest! That shovel is genius!! you are so clever and talented!

Laura Davis said...

Sooooo cute! I love the shovel:)
Laura

Audrey Pettit said...

Hey Girl! I'm SO glad you are enjoying your pressies! I know I am so enjoying mine.......although I've been usurped lately for the snuggy blanket. ;)
I love your little snow shovel. The detailing of the layered snowflakes is fabulous, and the rub-ons on the scoop are the perfect touch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...