Saturday, January 16, 2010

Valentine Projects

Valentine's Day is just a month away! Have you made Valentine's Day cards or little decor item for your sweetie, mom and children? I'll show you some of the projects I've been working on for the big holiday of hearts and love. Don't forget that I've been showing off some projects in the past couple weeks so there's more to see than this post....just keep scrolling down.

First up is this heart shaped plaque.



About six months I found this great unfinished wood heart at Dollar Tree. There was also a star and flower shape. I bought one of each. I wish I had purchased more because when I started making things with them and liked what I was creating, there were no more left! So grab things like this while you can! The 'love' sentiment was from A.C. Moore. I think they sell these on a regular basis in their wood department and they are already painted white so it made my project easier.

My next project is this 'Posted with Love' card.



These postage stamps are dimensional stickers from Martha Stewart. Aren't they sweet! I love the cupcake one. The icing is glittered and there's the cutest little heart shaped cherry on top!

This next project is a little mailbox that I use as a sort of Valentine's Day advent calendar. I put goodies and notes in it for my son from February 1st through the 14th.



I've been making these mailboxes for a couple years now. I might have blogged this last year, I'm not sure but I'll just show it off again! Each year Target sells these adorable little tin mailboxes. When I see them I grab a bunch because they sell out quick! They are so adorable, easy to work with and the lid is removable so you can stow goodies in it.

Suppliles:

Heart Plaque
Unfiished Heart Plaque:  Dollar Tree
'Love' Sentiment:  A.C. Moore
Patterned Paper:  K & Company
Chipboard Hearts:  Heidi Swapp
Metal Heart Charm:  Making Memories
Ribbon:  May Arts Buy and Ampelco

Posted with Love Card
Card Stock:  Bazzill Basics
Border Punch:  Fiskars
Corner Punch:  EK Success
Dimensional Sitckers:  Martha Stewart
Ribbon:  Michael's

Valentine Mailbox:
Mailbox Tin:  Target
Patterned Paper:  Scenic Route
Decorative Scissors:  Fiskars
Chipboard Accents:  American Crafts - Buy
Ribbon:  May Arts - Buy
Brad:  Queen & Company

I hope this gets you into the Valentine's Day spirit and that you go craft something for someone you love. Come back Monday for another 2 Sketches 4 You card design and a digital (hybrid) scrapbook page. :) Kathy

6 comments:

cnelson said...

These projects are just as cute as can be! I can always count on your blog for inspiration!!

Laura Davis said...

Wow!!! Stunning work my friend :)
hugs
Laura

Tyggereye said...

The plaque is amazing!! I alway find buys like that and have an idea what to make them into and never do! lol. Well not for years and years. Great job!

Audrey Pettit said...

Such fun and happy projects! You make me smile!

Kaylee said...

Hey this is Kaylee from hollister. I was looking at some blogs and ran across this one and recognized your picture. How are you?

Cardmaking Galore said...

These are all so beautiful - love the layout.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...