Monday, August 24, 2015

Just a Note

Last week I had time to sit down and play with the Fun Stampers Journey new coloring system and created this floral card to share with you. 


Every time I paint with these re-inkers and Fusion Blending solution, I learn something new and always look forward to playing and learning more! 


One of the things I learned from this session is that if you've ever used alcohol markers you know that it's important to work quickly and blend your colors before the ink dries, but this system works best if you let a color dry before you add another. 


See the white dots on the center of my pink flower? 


I found that using the smallest embossing stylus from the Bloom Tool creates lovely dots! Just add a drop or two of Whip Cream re-inker to an acrylic block, then dip the tip of your Bloom Tool directly into the ink to transfer to your project! You can also use the other two sizes for even bigger dots. 


Isn't this tiny sentiment adorable? I love it! It's just one of  19 in the new Tag Elements stamp sets. It's an ATC size set which means it's only $7.95! 


Another thing I learned was that I can easily clean my brush between colors by using a baby wipe saturated with the True Fusion Stamp Cleaner. I folded my baby wipe in half and set it on an acrylic block before giving it several pumps of the cleaner. Then each time I finished a color I simply swirled it around and around the baby wipe for a quick thorough cleaning. 

If you have a coloring tip to share, I'd love to hear it! 

Fun Stampers Journey Supplies: SS-0079 Sweet Today Stamp Set; AT-0130 Tag Elements Stamp Set; JG-0001 Journey Grand Die Cut Machine; DI-0016 Sweet Today Die Set; DI-0031 Banner Parade Die Set; AD-0002 Journey Glaze; AD-0085 Medium Journey Foam Squares; TO-0073 Bloom Tool; TO-0097 Small Blending Brush; CS-0099 Bubble Gum Cardstock; CS-0020 Limeade Splash Cardstock; CS-0040 Whip Cream Cardstock; IP-0027 Watermelon Fusion Ink Pad; IP-0041 Black Licorice Ink Pad; IP-0088 Fusion Blender; AC-0029 Mini Wood Clothespins; AC-0114 Journey Sequins Bloom Time; AC-0135 Candy Minis; AC-0005 Natural Journey Twine; Assortment of  Re-inkers

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...