Thursday, August 20, 2015

Goodbye to Design Team Work

I don't quite know how to start this post so maybe I should just say it...I'm hanging up my design team cap to go to work exclusively for Fun Stampers Journey. Whew! This is a big deal for me! I've been paper crafting since my son was born in 2001 and what started out as a hobby grew into so much more. What started out as a project to create my son's birth announcement and scrapbooks turned into a greeting card business that unfortunately wasn't successful but I kept doing what I love, paper crafting. Then I started submitting my work to industry magazines and began working on design teams. 


I've been part of a lot of great teams from my first two at Bella Blvd. and Doodlebug Designs to my most recent with Reverse Confetti, We R Memory Keepers and Anna Griffin. There have been many others in between, and all of them helped me to grow into the creative person I am today. 


I've been feeling a roller coaster of emotions these past few weeks making the transition from freelance designer to employee. On one hand I'm so excited to join Fun Stampers Journey and their amazing crew and take part in this fast growing young company. And I'll still get work at home with my kitty cats! I will however miss working with all the companies I've grown to love. Luckily, we're all in the same industry and I will be able to keep in touch with my favorite manufacturers and designers. 


I officially begin my Fun Stampers Journey (FSJ) on September 1st and will continue to share lots of crafty projects with you on this blog. There are so many fabulous products and lines that were released during June's convention, like the new mixed media line called Journey Media. Stay tuned...


I will also have to opportunity to travel to Arizona where FSJ is located and to take part in various events such as their annual convention and CHA. It'll be a great chance to meet more of the talented people in this business.


So...these are some exciting times!

A little about this card too...it's made with Reverse Confetti goodies. And that leaf patterned paper...one from Bella Blvd. that came out years ago, even before I joined the design team! Oldie, but goody for sure! 





16 comments:

Rose Curtis said...

yippppeeee so excited we get to have you all to ourselves!!! I know everyone is going to miss you for the other companies ... but they will so love your creations for Fun Stampers Journey! big hugs

StampingbugKerry said...

Wooo! I'm sure this was a tricky decision but FSJ is happy you picked them for the exclusive role you'll take. It'll be fun getting together with you at conventions and I look forward to your tutorials and treats!

Jen del Muro said...

You are going to be missed greatly as a DT member on Reverse Confetti. However, I am so excited for you and wish you ALL THE BEST!!!! Many, many hugs-Jen

Keith and Kim Kesti said...

Fun Stampers Journey is lucky to have you, as is Richard Garay! I'm sure it will be a wild ride as FSJ and RG grow and grow! Hugs!!!

Sylvana Collins said...

Congratulations Kathy! I am so happy for you. Will miss seeing your beautiful work with Reverse Confetti products, but will be watching FSJ to see what you are developing for them! Sounds like so much fun. Wishing you all the best! Hugs.

donna mikasa said...

Best of luck on your new journey! So happy for you!

Unknown said...

That's so exciting !!! Congrats to you!!

Bella's mama said...

Congrats! Thinking of you during this time of transition. So excited for you and your talented self!!!!

Barb Finnical said...

Congrats Kathy! I look forward to seeing everything you create for them!

Vicki Burdick said...

Congrats Kathy!!!!! Best of everything in your new journey!!!

Ruth Gauss said...

That's so wonderful! I'm so excited for you and know that you are an asset in many ways to many different companies and will bring that know-how to your new job! Congratulations! I can't wait to see all that you have to share, which will certainly be fabulous!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous card kathy...you'll be missed on the RC team!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Beautiful card, Kathy! Congratulations and best of luck in your new adventure!
Take care!
Michele

Jocelyn Olson said...

How exciting to be taking on this new endeavor! Congratulations! I imagine it's hard to leave behind the teams, but it sounds like a fun path. Your card is so pretty!

Christine Pennington said...

Awesome for us. Thanks for all your creativity, it helps me as a coach in MORE ways than one. You picked a great company. Looking forward to many years ahead with you. Coach 87.

Shelly said...

Woohoo! Congrats!! Enjoy your new adventure!
Such a beautiful card, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...