Friday, July 6, 2012

It's Friday! Another weekend full of possibility is stretched out before us. Two days to spend with those we love. Christopher mentioned that he wants to go to the pool. Good plan with temperatures soaring in the upper 90s!


Here's my most recent creation. I was attempting to step outside the box a little or outside of my comfort zone. No sketch, no plan, just winging it. I started off cutting up some small squares and using a different embossing folder for each.


Once I had my background figured out I decided to pile on some flags, brads and gems.


The little button was my last addition. I guess I just couldn't call it complete without one of my favorite accents. :) Do you see the missed stitch? I didn't see that until I was cropping my photos. Oh well, a bit of character, right?


Most materials for this project are Pebbles, the patterned paper, flags, brads and sentiment rub-on. The gems are from Doodlebug and the embossing folders are from Cuttlebug and Quickutz.

Well, this is Christopher's last weekend before he starts middle school. Yesterday we picked up his schedule, agenda, gym clothes and located his classrooms and locker. We even ran into a few friends that attended a couple of his birthday parties years ago. Great to see some old faces!

It's so strange that Christopher is going returning to school in July! He's always gone traditional calendar with a long summer break. I've heard from other parents that the advantage to year round is more frequent breaks. Instead of having all your time off lumped into one long stretch, you get breaks all year. Sounds good. We'll see how Christopher likes it.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Kathy :)

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Love all the texture...gorgeous!

~amy~ said...

**love**

cnelson said...

Fantabulous! LOVE the little embossed squares and your darling flags!

sherry said...

LOVE the texture, the tone-on-tone and, mostly, that you stepped outside of your creative box. All of them --- wondramous!

I'm printing this card out and gonna challenge my sisters to create a card using textured backgrounds when we scrapbook tomorrow. You've inspired me!

Gregsgirl's crafty corner said...

so cute, love the texture and the sweet little flags!

Diana Waite said...

I LOVE how you made the textured background! gREAT job Kathy!

Patricia said...

Great card! I like the whole design and can see this translating to a scrapbook page well!

Ruth G said...

Cool! Love your color combo along with the textures!
I love the idea of year-round school. We're not the type to take the kids out of school to vacation so having more opportunities to go when the whole world isn't on break sounds great (along with not having to get everyone back in the swing again after a long summer!) Best of luck as Christopher starts this new schedule!

A Consuming Passion said...

Fabulous! Love the embossed squares and your pretty flags!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh those little flags are adorable!! So glad that I have discovered your blog!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fun card Kathy. Love the textured squares and the banners. Such fun embellishments.

Susan (rainy) said...

This is darling! Love the different textures from all the different embossing folders. So fun... great idea.

alexandra s.m. said...

This is such a perfect combo between C&S style and a more free style, it has innocence and strength, it's so well conceived and executed!

I LOVE IT!

Christine said...

What a beautiful card!! I love the textures. So, how was Christopher's first day at school? He went today right? I hope it was a smooth transition!
xoxo, Christine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...