Monday, May 12, 2014

Crochet Afghan

What I started on my birthday in March, I finished last night on Mother's Day...an Afghan for my father-in-law and his wife. It's a very easy granny square design using Ultra Pima Cotton Yarn in Lavender, Sunshine, White and Primrose and a Clover F/3.75mm hook.


I didn't follow a pattern, I simply made 49 basic granny squares (10 rounds) and attached them together with a one row border. If you would like to know how to make a granny square, click here for a simple tutorial with excellent photos.


I love using all natural fibers such as cotton. It's so soft and great weight for afghans.


As I was photographing the blanket, my assistant Oreo had to come see what I was up to. :) 


Mother's Day weekend was awesome! My boys really spoiled me! Dan did the grocery shopping and brought home some gorgeous tulips and filet mignon for dinner....he cooked too!


We went strawberry picking at Vollmer Farms. Same farm where we get a weekly box of produce as part of our Community Supported Agriculture program.


Just look at these red ripe berries! A great crop this year! 


We can't go to Vollmer Farms without indulging in some of Farmer John's famous homemade ice cream! The strawberry one is mine...I can never wait for the picture to start eating! ;) By-the-way, we save our cups and spoons, keep them with our berry-picking buckets and bring them back for a refill...conserving where we can! :)

Hope you had a great weekend too and a good start to the week!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...