Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bon Appetit

Hello! I've got a confession to make. I've been keeping a couple secrets! A couple crafty fun secrets. How about I tell you one today and save the other for tomorrow? You know, spread things out a bit? Besides, today is already a jam-packed busy day on my blog with a new Doodlebug project and another Sneak Peek Week reveal for Bella Blvd. If you're looking for either of those posts, please scroll down.

So my first secret is that I'm guest designing for Scrap-Mart once a week starting today for the next three weeks! Have you heard of Scrap-Mart? They're an on-line store who stocks a lot of your favorite scrapbook goodies for a discounted price! Pretty cool, huh?


Today's project focuses on a some awesome new thin metal dies from Lifestyle Crafts Bloom & Grow release. Can you spot them?


The first is this gorgeous Flourish Border cookie cutter die. Isn't it lovely?


The second and third dies were used to make these flowers. What do you think? Do you like? The die that I used to create them is actually a Scallop Doilies die! The leaves are from the Die Flower. I love the shape of them!


The paper line I used for this page is 'Happy Go Lucky' from Pebbles and the title is a digital cut from Silhouette.


Got to have a butterfly! This one was made with a die from Papertrey Ink.


Last, but not least, my journaling. I made the tags, one for decoration, one for the story.

Journaling: At the end of March 2011, when a brand new Whole Foods opened in our area, we switched from grocery shopping at Target. Not only were we excited to have more organic and local food choices, we were also looking to significantly reduce our trash and recycling by buying bulk food items. We've made a lot of changes in our eating habits over the past couple years. We've gone from buying lots of convenience foods to cooking from scratch. No more frozen meals, no more preservatives and excess packaging. I used to eat a lot of Lean Cuisines for lunch, now I eat homemade soups and fresh salads like this kale and broccoli recipe.


What a fun page to make! I really like these new Quickutz dies! If you visit my blog much, you know how much I love dies!

I hope you enjoyed my project! For more crafty inspiration, Scrap-Mart has a blog that you can visit here.

Thanks for stopping by! Come back tomorrow to hear about the second crafty secret I've been keeping from you! ;)

Kathy

10 comments:

~amy~ said...

congrats!

Love your fresh & fun layout! I'm a total salad girl:)

Laurel said...

Congrats on the Guest Gig! I love Scrap-Mart!

cnelson said...

Congrats!! This lo is making me hungry! LOOOOOVE! So FRESH and FABULOUS!

Gregsgirl's crafty corner said...

Congrats on the guest design spot! Must take a look at Scrapmart..I hope to finish a page today, just too busy this week! I'm having withdrawal. Love your layout, my hubby and I are into organic and a very healthy lifestyle and helping the environment too!

Alice Carman said...

So excited for your GDT. I'm a fan.

Karen said...

I love your layout...truly gorgeous, love the colors, and I love the way you've used all those dies!

Diana Waite said...

wonderful layout!! CONGRATS on the GDT gig!

Unknown said...

Congrats Kathy! I love LC dies, too. I love big happy news, can't wait to hear :)

Susan (rainy) said...

Congrats on your design call! This is such a beautiful page. I LOVE that flourished border die!

Christine said...

Such a great layout!! I love the die cuts. So pretty and dainty. Congrats on the GDT spot for Scrap-Mart!! It's well deserved for sure!! Lovely salad by the way. I'd love to get the recipe!
xoxo, Christine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...