Thursday, February 9, 2012

Enjoy the Simple Things

Hello!

How are you this fine Thursday?  I've been better! My son decided to share his cold with his mama! So sweet of him, isn't it? ;) I know this one is going to hit me like a ton of bricks based on the way Christopher felt last weekend! So....if I'm not here with a post tomorrow, you know why!

Today I have a scrapbook page to share with you.


These photos were taken last summer when we found this adorable little turtle at the strawberry patch. We kept him for a few weeks and then released him at a big lake where other yellow bellied sliders live.


We called him Turtle and he was was pretty little. His shell was smaller than a fifty cent piece. He grew quite a bit in the weeks he was with us! By-the-way, I have no idea if Turtle was male of female.


I created this page with the Year-o-graphy collection from Simple Stories. It's the same line I made a birthday card that I shared with you last week...you may recall. Anyway, I mentioned that this collection suits all levels of crafters. You could easily piece together a beautiful page in no time at all or you can get as artsy as you want to!


Personally, I love to get creative with my pages because I can't resist texture and the look of stitching.


I'm so glad that the sticker sheet that's included in the kit has two of these tweet little blue birds! I used one on my card last week and have one perched on this page. Isn't he the cutest?


So that's my page and I'm sticking to it! ;) I really like the way it turned out...the Simple Stories lines are fun and easy to work with!

I'm so happy that you all like my Pinterest recipe revues yesterday! I made another dish for dinner last night...Chicken Cordon Bleu Florentine Casserole from LDSLiving magazine. Have you ever had Gorgonzola cheese? I think it tastes a lot like blue cheese, which has a very distinctive flavor. Anyway, I don't care for blue cheese and therefore didn't care for the Gorgonzola cheese either. Needless to say this wasn't my favorite recipe. However, my boys (hubs and Christopher) ate every morsel so I'm thinking that if you like Gorgonzola, you're going to like this recipe.




Well, I must go and get some crafty projects done. Send your best wishes that this cold doesn't knock me on my rear! And please leave comments with your best cold remedies, okay? :)


Kathy :)

4 comments:

cnelson said...

Hope you get to feeling better Kathy! I read on Pinterest that if you take a tsp. of honey mixed with 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon every few hours when you first start getting a cold it will cut it short. Not sure if it works, but it would be worth a try. LOVE your FAB lo. HUGS!

Nathalie said...

What a fantastic design! I too have played with this great collection of papers :) Feel better soon, I am drinking this tea right now, as I am also under the weather, and I think it helps:
http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/EchinaceaPlus

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, bummer, Kathy! SO sorry to hear you are sick! Sure hope it doesn't knock you back as hard as it hit Christopher! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Love your page! Awesome design with the Year.o.graphy. Love that collection, and adore what you've done with it.

BabyBokChoy said...

No words can express how envious I am of you guys getting a baby turtle!! they are WAY WAY WAY too cute!!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...