Have you heard of 'The Burning House' project from 'The Anthropologist' site? It's a photographic documentation on what people would bring with them if their house were to burn down. It's intriguing to see the photos of items that people of different age groups, etc. have taken. It made me think about what I would bring and I thought I'd participate and take a photo.
After saving ourselves and if it were safe to grab other items my list would be...
1. Our pets, two parrots and two cats.
2. My purse containing car keys, id, money, and a supply of crucial medication.
3. Our wedding album and memory books.
4. Christopher's precious artwork...hand print.
5. My iPad. A useful tool with contacts and information. It would also give us something to do in a shelter.
6. Lastly, I would grab as many of my antiques as possible as long as it was safe to do so.
So, what would you bring? If you decide to take this exercise and blog about it, let me know, it would be interesting to see.
Hope you have a wonderful day!