Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy Birthday

Hello!

Friday once again....woot woot! What's happening with you and yours this weekend? I've been seeing lots of vacation and poolside photos in blog land already!

I'm getting a little visitor today! :) Maybe you were visiting my blog a few weeks ago when I told you I get to babysit my girlfriend's baby hedgehog for three weeks? Little Benny is coming to stay today!  I'm so excited!


Isn't Benny the cutest little guy?!?! While he's here with me, I'll let you know what we're doing. Hedgehogs love to cuddle up so I'll probably let him make a little nest in my shirt while I sit and read. Can you believe these little guys like to swim? Yep, they float on their backs! :) Maybe we'll have to have a little dip? ;)

Okay, I got side tracked talking about little Benny! I have a card to share with you today!


This is another hybrid project, using an awesome new digital kit from Two Peas in a Bucket called 'Summer Meadow' by Chrissy W.


Oh how I adore this tweet little bird accent from the kit! I framed the feathered critter with a couple Spellbinders die cuts and then added a craft string, tulle and button bow along with a rub on sentiment.


These leaf springs are another lovely accent that I printed directly onto my card stock. Then I printed a couple swatches of patterned paper to stitch to the card. Fun and easy!

Supplies:

Card Stock:  Neenah Paper
Digital Kit:  Summer Meadow by Chrissy W.
Circle Dies:  Spellbinders
Button:  Stampin' Up!
Craft String:  DMC
Rub-On Sentiment:  Scrapworks
Sewing Thread:  Coats & Clark
Tulle:  Stash

7 comments:

cnelson said...

Such a LOVELY card!! Enjoy your time with sweet Benny!

Jenny said...

OH how I would love to meet Benny! Maybe one day I can!! Have a wonderful three weeks with him. I am sure there will be some awesome pictures with him and your son!

Daniela Dobson said...

He is adorable, and I love your card.

Peet said...

Oh, this totally gorgeous, kathy!!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Benny is adorable! You will have fun! I use to have one and they are the sweetest! Love your card too!

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful card!! Love the patchwork look to the background, and that little bird is just adorable. :)

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Omg what and adorable card and Benny is pretty cute too!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...