Monday, June 27, 2011

All American Boy

Good morning!

One week from today we'll all (in the US) be celebrating the Fourth of July, our country's 235th birthday! How will you and your family celebrate? Ever since Christopher was born, we've lived in two homes where fireworks are legal so we have a little fireworks display after dark. I spend the day making some of our favorite all American foods, potato salad, baked beans, watermelon and either fried chicken or grilled hamburgers. We always have some kind of dessert too, chocolate chip cookies or cupcakes. I'm thinking of making home made ice cream this year. Sounds really good, doesn't it? I'm looking forward to it!

I just finished a scrapbook page using a photo of Christopher from last Fourth of July and a new Two Peas in a Bucket Digital kit called 'Celebrate' by Polka Dot Pixels.


Wow, these July 4th papers are colorful and patriotic! Most supplies used are from this kit with some buttons, alphas, brads, die cuts, card stock and ribbon thrown in for good measure.


I adore these Jillibean Soup corrugated alphas! The color matched this kit perfectly!


I used a Spellbinders circle die to cut out the star accents.


I only needed a couple strips of paper for my journaling.


If you're like me and you love paper layouts because of the dimension and ability to make things with your hands, paper and tools, don't pass up digital kits because they are a fabulous way to hoard tons of papers and accents without being buried alive with them! ;)

Hope you have a great week! :) Kathy

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fabulous layout, Kathy! Love all the red, white and blue goodness here!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Hi Kathy! I love these colors in the summer! Such a charming card! I love the postal theme one from last post too.

cnelson said...

I could not LOOOOOVE this more!!! FAbulous in EVERY detail!! Have a fun 4th!!

Christina Fischer said...

This is such a fun layout! I love the star button inside the o!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is gorgeous, Kathy!! Totally, totally in love with your design here. So completely eye catching, patriotic, and FUN!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...