Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sew Grateful

Happy Saturday! Happy Weekend!

Boy am I tired today after a couple thunder storms rolled through in the middle of the night! I mostly enjoy thunder storms, the way they seem to pop up out of no where and bring a good down pour and a dramatic show. In the middle of the night...I'm not so enamored with them! ;)

Anyway, I have a couple of projects to share with you this fine day! This first one is a hybrid card I made from a new digital kit called 'Delilah Paper Pack'by Tickled Pink Studio. Oh how lovely and colorful these papers are!


What's not to love about this color combination and whimsical prints?

I'm so excited about my Copic work on this card! I'm still so new to these markers and struggle with them. The image and sentiment is from Clear Dollar Stamps.


To go along with the sewing themed sentiment, I added a couple straight pins, some stitched buttons and a die cut swatch of faux fabric.

This next project should look a wee bit familiar if you saw my last post. I took the card I made and used it as an embellishment for this hybrid scrapbook page.


Oh yum! This page is making me crave cookies! Doesn't take a lot for me to want sweets! ;)


I used the same digital kit for this page as I did the matching card, 'What's Cookin'by Jen Martikis of Two Peas in a Bucket. I really like all the word art included in this kit!


This page isn't just about dessert and a stack of yummy baked cookies, I wrote about our recent changes and attitude towards food. We used to buy a lot of convenience foods to save time, but now we're starting to appreciate cooking from scratch and healthier eating.

Well, I hope you all have a terrific weekend. We're in for a couple more thunderstorms, otherwise pretty fair weather. And can you believe the forecast for Monday calls for temperatures close to 90! Wow! I think we'll be utilizing the air conditioner!

3 comments:

Virginia L. said...

SEW Yummy! Love the card and layout! I'm drooling here!

Clare said...

Sweet card! And that layout is making my mouth water!! ;)
90?! I would say jealous, but I know I'd probably end up regretting it. ;)

Audrey Pettit said...

Super fun projects, Kathy! I love the sewing inspired card. The felt border with the straight pins is such an awesome touch. Fabulous coloring job on those spools, too.
And what a great page. Love that you incorporated your adorable card. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...