Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Pennants

How are you this Monday? Happy to 'see' you! We'll be having a lovely day here in North Carolina after some tornadoes rolled through on Saturday! All is fine in our neighborhood. A tree fell down next door and didn't hit anything, fortunately!

I have a card share for you! I made another card with the some fabulous Girls' Paperie papers!


I created these little pennants with a pattern I created. Someone should make a punch in this shape!


I used some fancy little shaped toothpicks for my flags.


The blue border punch is from Martha Stewart and the little butterfly punch is an old Paper Shapers punch. It's been used quite a bit and doesn't cut as cleanly anymore. Some inking, stitching and a stamped sentiment were the finishing touches.

I like to keep my favorite cards and this one might be a keeper? I just love the bright colors and happy patterns. A lot of the cards I keep are placed around the house. They make nice little accents and I'd rather see them here and there than to throw them in a box somewhere. What do you do with all your cards? I just had an idea of putting some of my favorites in an album, the kind with pockets for photos. I wonder if they make that size pocket?

Hope you have a great day! Our son is home this week for Spring Break. It will be a mix of relaxing and working this week. How about you?  :) Kathy

9 comments:

Laurel said...

What a sweet card, love those pennants!

Audrey Pettit said...

Adorable card, Kathy! Love that paper and LOVE those flags. :)

Jennifer said...

Such CUTE little flags!! (=

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Kathy, this is so adorable! Love the colors.

Mini Baker said...

love those cute little flags!

Unknown said...

Glad to see a post and know you made it safe threw the strom. Such a cute card, I need to scrap.

Carly said...

That card is for sure a keeper!! Love everything about it! ((Hugs))

farmhouse-story said...

just adorable, kathy! love the girls paperie papers:)

Diane Jaquay said...

Love those cute pennants, great combination of patterns and colors on your card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...