Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Creative Color by CardMaker

Did you see my post on Facebook? One of my cards is gracing the cover of CardMaker's latest special issue, Creative Color! I used Pebbles' Seen and Noted collection along with their I KAN'DEE chalk and stencils for this project.




To make these tag accents, I used stencils to pencil in the sun, balloon and heart shapes onto tags. Then I pierced holes around the shapes for stitching. Lastly, I used chalks to color them in. What do you think? I really like the color palette of the Seen and Noted line along with the stripes and polka dot patterns.

I look forward to getting my copy of Creative Color in the mail soon. I can't wait to see all the colorful projects in it and learn a new technique or two! This issue hits newsstands on September  3, 2013.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing in my exciting news! Have a super day!

2 comments:

Ruth G said...

Great to see this one up close! I love the soft look that the chalk gives and the stitching is so very wonderful! What a fabulous idea! Thanks so much for sharing and congrats again for making the cover!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Congrats Kathy!
I LOVE your card and cannot wait to try this!
Thank You~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...