Thursday, October 7, 2010

It's Thursday!

Hello! How are you doing today? Anything special happening in your neck of the woods?

I'm working on a little project this morning. I thought it was going to be really simple, but I'm struggling with it! I'm using a type of card stock that my Copic markers do not like so it's making the ink bleed over the lines of my digital stamp! Ugh! And with all the other ways I have to color things, you would think I could just go to plan B, right? Well, plan B didn't work either! Or plan C! Nor plan D! I finally got plan E to work, but now I don't know if I like it much anyway! Ha! Such is the life of a crafter! I'm lucky to have such worries!

How about I share a project I do like? Last week when I was sharing photos of some Halloween decorations, I decided that these would make a fun Halloween page.


Oh how I wish my mom would have been into scrapbooking or taking lots of photos so I could see what our house looked like at Halloween. Well actually, I don't think we decorated for Halloween, but I know we carved pumpkins and that would be cool to see!


What do you think of this spider guy? Isn't he funny? He's a Silhouette die cut and to give him further interest, I brushed him with some white ink. I like the effect that creates.


Eek! This bat is also a Silhouette die cut along with the orange circle border.

 

And what do you think of this spider created from a black button and sewing thread! Creepy, huh?



I have one more project to share with you before I go. It's a hybrid card I made using a new digital kit from Two Peas in a Bucket called 'On Air' by Polka Dot Pixels.


I was going for a different kind of look. What do you think? Do you like it? Too plain? It has a lot of white space. I haven't decided whether it's a thumbs up or down. :) So, I'll let you be the judge. Leave a comment and let me know what you think. You can be honest because I'm not so sensitive that I can't take someone telling me they don't care for it. I can't knock it out of the ball park everytime! And I'll still visit your blog! ;)

Well, that concludes my post for today. I hope you have a good day and that you will return again tomorrow for.....I'm not sure...I fly by the seat of my pants with my blog sometimes! ;)

9 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Aw... Kathy! Love everything about this post. The scrapbook LO is fun and creative! The hybrid card is excellent- so my kind of style. I like white space and they provide the breathing room for the eye candy! Looks to me you knock this out of the ball park---again! I'm not saying that to make you happy, it's the truth, honestly! ENJOY crafting and don't be so hard on yourself :)

Kay said...

Kathy, your spooky Halloween layout is fantabulous and what a cute idea to make a spider from a button and thread! I also LOVE those "playing cards". Is that a digital image? I'd love to know!

Your card is adorable! I like the white space because it makes the flight pattern stitching pop and easy to follow with the eye. Know what I mean? :) Wonderful work, as always! ♥♥ Kay

Audrey Pettit said...

Sounds like a frustrating project you were working on this morning, my friend. I think I would have chucked that sucker out the window after all those attempts. LOVE your Halloween page! Gorgeous design! Love the die cuts. Might have to beg you to cut some for me. They look fabulous with the white ink. I adore your stitched on title lettering and the spider you created with the button. SO darn cute.
I think the card is sweet, too. I really like the stitched flight path and the butterflies at both ends.

Jodi Collins said...

What an AWESOME layout! LOVE that button spider!!

Laurel said...

Gosh love that layout, love the spider!

Alice said...

such fun layout and card! love the details!

Michelle said...

Hi Kathy,
I love your layout and card! The stiching on the title is so cool:-) great embellishing!

cnelson said...

Soooooo fun!! LOVE your "spooky" lo and fantabulous card!

Suzanne C said...

Adorable card! Love the swirl of the butterfly. The layout is spooktacular. Love all the embellishment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...