Friday, October 22, 2010

All Tied Up!

T.G.I.F. to you! Do you have any plans for the weekend? I'm still on the fence about working or playing! There is so much I could get done, but the weather is going to be perfect and....what a dilemma! ;) How about you? What are you doing? Maybe you can help me decide? :)

For now I have a couple of crafty shares for you. About a month ago I posted some ideas for sprucing up your home for just a few dollars. Did you happen to see that post? It was about adding a little ribbon to this and that to give your treasures a little more warmth and character. This first idea I got from one of those inspiration photo collages.


Doesn't this little pumpkin look adorable with a bit of black and cream gingham ribbon wrapped around its middle? Image a whole grouping with different styles of ribbon? I bet you could make some beautiful displays with your pumpkins!


I got this little wooden duck for a song. He was on clearance. Being all white, he didn't get anyone's attention. Well, I love birds and bargains so I took him home and look how handsome with just a bit of green and cream gingham ribbon! I can change the ribbon to red and white gingham Christmastime!

Both of these ribbon styles and over 100 more are for sale in my Etsy shop. If you would like to see the first post of ribbon ideas, click here.

Now I have a Halloween card to show you.


I created this eerie haunted house and ghost card with the Spooks line from SEI. I cut the haunted house and ghost from one of the patterned papers. I love the silver! I haven't seen silver in too many Halloween collections.

Speaking of scrapbook papers and supplies...did you know that Two Peas in a Bucket is offering FREE SHIPPING on orders of $25 or more! Yep! Gotta love that! Maybe today is the day to treat yourself to some new goodies? Click here to go shopping.


This concludes my crafty post for the day. I hope you enjoyed your time here. Tomorrow I'm participating in my very first blog hop for the Caring Hearts Card Drive. This card drive benefits seniors in nursing facilities, bringing them cards and a little love to brighten their day. I hope you can join me and all the other hop participants! Maybe you can donate a card to a deserving senior? :) Kathy


11 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Love your card, Kathy! Can't wait to see your card for the hop tomorrow!

Virginia L. said...

Love the added ribbons! I was in William Sonoma the other day and I also noticed they added ribbons to all the kitchen containers!! You are so in the trends! Love your s-BOO-ky card!

Peet said...

Love your card, kathy! Stunning!!

Jen said...

super cute card!! have a great weekend!:)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Spooky card Kathy. Love thet ghost. Great colors and lay-out. :o)

Alice said...

love that you dress up your decorations! beautiful card, too. fab design!

Kay said...

My vote.. PLAY!!! :) I adore that black/cream gingham ribbon. It makes everything look so pretty! Your ghostly card is precious! I'm a big fan of the scallops and that fabulous silvery ribbon! Enjoy your weekend!
♥♥ Kay

Audrey Pettit said...

Super cute Halloween card, Kathy! And I love how the ribbon looks tied on your white duckie and the pumpkin. Such little touches that add so much.

Marisa said...

Love the gingham ribbon around the pumpkin :) Great card too.

Suzanne C said...

Adorable Bows! Cute idea to dress up the pumpkin. The card is too cute! Love the design and the ghostie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...