Monday, October 5, 2015

Happy 50th Dan!

Today is my sweetie's 50th birthday! Happy Birthday, honey! I can't believe we've spent half our lives together so far and that we're turning 50! I'm just six months behind. 


So, I've been dabbling in mixed media art lately since Fun Stampers Journey came out with an awesome new line called Journey Media. Paints, sprays, stencils, pastes, oh my! 


After asking a few mixed media peeps a million questions to find out exactly what gesso is and what the heck you do with it, I sat down to make a few projects. So far I'm just taking 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" pieces of card stock and practicing on them. Once they're done I've added them to a card base.


This one I made for you, Dan. I hope you like it. 


At first I thought this mixed media stuff couldn't be too difficult because it appears that you just make a big mess.....but there's a fine line between making a mess and really making a mess! I smeared the sentiment I added to this card which is just plain messy and so I'm working on it. Working on how to add layers on top of layers in an eye catching manner. In all, it's super fun and cool way to let your hair down and play without too many rules.

Happy 50th Birthday, Dan! I love you! 



Fun Stampers Journey Supplies:
Script SS-0069
Autumn Days SS-0006
Butterfly Prints SS-0017
Little Big Greetings SS-0052
Autumn Days DI-0118
Journey Squares DI-0038
Journey Circles DI-0039
Buttercream JM-0019
Oatmeal Cookie JM-0022
Green Olive JM-0021
Journey Gel Medium JM-0071
Journey Modeling Paste JM-0073
Hazelnut Blend IP-0012
Black Licorice IP-0041
Summer Days RI-0042
Citrus Cooler RI-0047
Journey Gold RI-0075
Black Licorice RI-0044
Cranberry Bliss IP-0094
Dark Roast IP-0095
Harvest Day Prints PP-0017
Buttercream CS-0006
Oatmeal Cookie CS-0023
Hazelnut Blend CS-0013


1 comment:

Ruth Gauss said...

Wow! What a great card for your hubby! I love the colors you chose to work with and all the texture! Happy birthday to Dan and happy crafting, Kathy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...