Thursday, December 1, 2011

December First

Hi!

Can you believe it? It's December 1st! Time for the first advent calendar surprise! Our advent calendar is a little wooden chest of drawers. Christopher was so thrilled to pull out the first drawer this morning and find a quarter and a piece of caramel. Yum! We discovered early on that nothing beat a sweet treat in the calendar so that's how we roll!

Will you be starting a December Daily album today? I think I will. I can't believe that I've been dragging my heels about it. Maybe because last year's December Daily isn't quite done yet! Yikes! If I get myself in gear I could complete last years and start on today, right? We have a Christmas mini book from 2007 that we really enjoy looking at each year. It's not a December Daily, it has a few highlight photos from the holiday that's become a precious treasure we display each year so that's why I want to make another.

Well, on this first day of December I have a Christmas card to share with you.


Oh how I love Kraft stock and it looks awesome with Echo Park's Season's Greetings collection!

When I create snowy themed cards I almost always rub a little white stamp ink on my papers...gives it that frosty feel!


Christmas cards also call for jingle bells! Got to have 'em! Can you see my bell is a little rusty? Last year I put a handfull of bells in a zip-lock and added a bit of water. Every day I would shake up my bells and soon the water became quite muddy looking. I let them sit in that bag for an entire year and this is all the rust I got!!! The inside is probably the most rusted! I bet I would have had better luck barrying them in the back yard!


You know what I love most about the Season's Greetings line? The stickers! Oh my! There's a big 12x12 inch sheet of stickers that are to die for! CUTE! Like the one I used for this card!

Hope you enjoyed my share! And I wish for you to have an enjoyable first day of December!

I better scoot if I want to finish last years December Daily and start on another!

Kathy :)





8 comments:

cnelson said...

What a GORGEOUS card!!!

sherry said...

Love the snowflakes on kraft and that black/white lettered sticker. Love.

Virginia L. said...

Thanks for the yummy eye candy, Kathy! Love love the elements in this sweet card!

Lydia said...

I have to giggle a little at the bell fiasco, next time add a little salt, it will only take a week or two and you should have a nice rusty finish, I love the card though beautiful

Alice Wertz said...

wow! love the black in this. so very eye catching. super card, Kathy!

~Patty~ said...

DARLING.

Audrey Pettit said...

So, so, so, so darn cute!! Love those embossed snowflakes, and LOVE the white ink on kraft. And isn't that Echo Park collection fabulous? yes, that's what I used on my project today, too. ;)
Love what you did with it. This is fabulous!

Diana Fisher said...

Love this card! Great colors and perfect little extras!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...