Monday, November 30, 2009

It's Begining to Look Like Christmas

What a whirlwind of a Thanksgiving weekend! Lots of fun, food, visiting and decorating! Our turkey day was fabulous! I always enjoy cooking a nice meal for the family. I was pleased to have everything turn out wonderfully! Last year the green beans in my casserole were a little too crisp, but this year I cooked them a little first and that made all the difference.

On Friday I went with my pal Audrey and her two kiddos to a local tree farm and helped them pick out a tree. That was super fun since we've had an artificial tree for so many years now. Oh, the smell of pine! We spent a number of hours decking Audrey's halls and making a big mess in the process!

On Saturday I had a couple holiday helpers at my house, Audrey and Nik! After decorating for a few hours, Audrey and I took off and drove to Durham to meet with Laura Davis of 2 Sketches 4 You. I now design for Laura and Audrey has known Laura from the scrapbook community for a number of years. Luara was in town with her delightful daughter who was playing in a golf turnament. Here we are from left to right; Audrey, Laura and myself.



Speaking of 2 Sketches 4 You...it's another week and another fabulous sketch to play along with. That also means a great prize! This week our sponsor is DoodleFactory who makes adorable rubber stamps. A set of Sakura pens are also part of the prize package. Here is Laura's sketch and my card.





I know it's a busy time of year, but I  hope you can take some time out for yourself and play along with us! Hop on over to http://www.2sketches4you.blogspot.com/ to get all the details and check out all the other design team cards along with the entries for the week. Have fun and good luck!


5 comments:

Linda64 said...

Cute card !

Cheryl Nelson said...

Such a cute card!! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving and how fun that you got to meet Laura!! Love that pic of you lovely ladies!

Tony Tran said...

Facebook is my life.
I also do not know about the outside world without Facebook. Once known Facebook then everything has changed. I had many friends over and of course my life has also changed. It looks like he has the outside world can do me by friendship, love. If you use Facebook, please see the wonder settled that it brings. Please log in to see the heart of me. I will be happy for it.

If you do not have a Facebook account, please register here!

This is my blog : Blog for you

Laura Davis said...

I had so much fun meeting you Kathy! Hopefully I will see you next year :) You should post pics of your freshly decorated house. I would love to see it!
Hugs,
Laura

Allison said...

Lovely...great papers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...