Saturday, September 15, 2012

Mom's Christmas List

Good day!

Here in North Carolina the temperatures are slowly dropping and the days are getting shorter. Autumn is closing in. It's such a splendid time of year, isn't it? I'm one for living in the moment as much as possible and enjoying one season/holiday at a time. I'm also one who likes to prepare ahead of time.


With that said, here's a Christmas card I created with October Afternoon's Holiday Style collection. I have a lot of cards already made for the holidays.


Mom just wants a little peace for Christmas. :)


I made that little 'peace' flag with an old Making Memories pin, a My Favorite Things die and some rub on alphas from Doodlebug Design.


Oh, the twine is from Doodlebug too. Can you believe there's no stitching on this card? I did make those stars with 'coasters' from Papertrey Ink and cover them with patterned paper. Can you tell they are thicker than paper?

Hope you have a lovely weekend. Enjoy these beautiful autumn days!

8 comments:

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Love all the layers. Those stars totally look thicker which is a really nice touch--I love those Papertrey Ink coasters (when I actually remember to pull them out). :)

Gregsgirl's crafty corner said...

lovely card, so festive and cute! I agree this is a beautiful time of year I love Autumn, I agree it's wonderful to enjoy the splendours of fall and not to think far ahead but on the other hand it's good to be like a girl scout and be prepared : )

Created by Kathi said...

Love this card... even without stitching... it is okay from time to time ;) I love the Mom's Christmas list... I am not one who cares for retro that is so hot now but I do love this design and layout! Thanks for sharing.. Kathi

Ruth G said...

Definitely enjoying having the windows open at night (although tonight the party across the street might make that not as good an idea) I love fall!
I'm with mom about the peace thing! Bring it on! Thanks for bringing some fun to the end of one really crazy week!

Diana Waite said...

wow lovely creation!

alexandra s.m. said...

absolutely delightful Kathy!
so well photographed as well

Thank You~

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

I'm not ready to start processing Christmas yet, but this sure is AWESOME!!! :-)

Alice Carman said...

You make me want to start my Christmas cards this year. Great cards Kathy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...