Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Design School at Two Peas

Hi!

Have you been enjoying the Design School classes at Two Peas in a Bucket? Did you know about Design School? Well, it's not too late to join in!



"For three weeks beginning August 22nd, "design school" at Two Peas is in session. We will be exploring principles and elements of design that will help push our projects from "Good" to "Even better!" Ready to learn? We promise the homework is much more fun than algebra! Each week we will explore 2 principles of design with tips from the experts - our team of Garden Girls and special guests! See how a wide range of styles can use the same principles and give amazing and differing results! Look for printable design cheat sheets, videos, color combos, sketches and challenges!"

Sounds great, huh? And guess what? It's free!

This week the design principles being discussed are Emphasis and Repetition and I was asked to create a page.


I used the striped patterned paper below the photograph and then again in the banners at the top of the page. I also used these darling little bird stickers, and added hand stitching throughout the page. This repetition of paper, accents and stitching, give my page a sense of unity.


Do you recognize this colorful and fun line of papers? They are from Echo Park's 'Country Drive' collection. Oh how I loved playing with these accents and pretty papers!


Isn't this little bird tweet? I stitched around his wing to make it stand out a little more. And those
fabulous corrugated alphas on the photo below are from Jillibean Soup.


The picture I used is a favorite from our summer photo shoot with Patricia Kumfer. Isn't she terrific! I always hate my own pictures, but Patty changed that! ;)

I hope I've inspired you to check out Design School at Two Peas! Have a fabulous day! :) Kathy

5 comments:

Meghann Andrew said...

This layout is so fun & happy! Love it! I love pad thai too! I have a GREAT pad thai recipe somewhere. Maybe I'll make it next Wednesday's recipe!

cnelson said...

Absolutely FABULOUS! Could not LOVE this more!

Shelley said...

What a fun layout! A real inspiration! Love, love, love it! no exaggeration! I have to come back and leave more comments too. All your vintage treasures are making me drool.

Jodi Collins said...

What an AMAZING page Kathy! AND...such a gorgeous family :)

Audrey Pettit said...

What a sweet and fabulous page, Kathy! Love, love that bright paper and love that photo of the 3 of you! Such stinkin' cute banners, and I adore all the stripes. :)
You rocked the design school, my friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...