Saturday, November 13, 2010

Snow Day and a Winner

Hi! No, today's not a snow day in North Carolina, but there will be one before too long. I do, however, have a Snow Day scrapbook page to share with you.

Here's my little guy last January enjoying a bit of newly fallen snow. Well, these photos were taken as soon he got outside and he hadn't warmed up to the cold yet! ;)


For this page, I used a brand new digital kit available exclusively at Two Peas in a Bucket called 'Frozen' by Polka Dot Pixels. Cool kit! Pun intended! :)


For the stitching, I used a couple elements from the kit for the large snowflake and page title.


In addition to the stitching, I added a couple crochet snowflakes, buttons and scalloped borders.


Love the look on Christopher's face in the top photo! Brr! :)

Now for the winner of yesterday's cards from my last SEI Lifestyle blog post. Strobels is the winner! Congratulations! Thank you for being a part of my special guest blogger week. I hope you enjoy the cards!

Before I run, I want to share one more thing...a very sweet card I received in the mail this week.


I adore this card! I received it from Lin of Sending Hugs. She recently won a giveaway I had for some vintage ladybug pins and sent this lovely card to thank me for them. Such a thoughtful gesture that made my day! Funny thing is, Lin just recently started coming to my blog and didn't know how much I love birds and the 'enjoy the little things' quote!


Here's Lin's card on my Thanksgiving table. I've mentioned on another blog post how I use cards that people give me and those that I make to decorate our home. I think Lin's card looks perfect on the table! If you see this post Lin....thank you! :)

Well, I'm off today on a big adventure, a treasure hunt for vintage goodies. My gal pal Audrey and I are going to hit the road in search of new antique/junk stores we haven't been to yet. I'll bring the camera and hopefully I'll have some fun stories and pictures to share with you!

Have a super day! Thanks for spending a little bit of it here on my blog!!!! I'll try to be back tomorrow for another page share. I have the page done, but I need to photograph it and.....hopefully my grand adventure Saturday doesn't spill into Sunday! ;) Kathy

16 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

What a GREAT layout and I LOVE that outline snowflake!!!

Niki Estes said...

This is such a cute layout, Kathy! I love the stitched title!

Virginia L. said...

Love your cool layout and the little crochet snowflake is so very lovely! And of course, I adore your stitching!! Isn't Lin sweet? I met her from my beginning of card-making in Hero Arts group, she has been like a big sis (that's what I call her) to me! I may even have a chance to finally meet her in Florida in Feb....I can't wait :) Have fun on your adventure with Audrey!

Strobels said...

Yay I won! :) I need to send you my address!

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! That page is amazing! Did you seriously sew that "snow day"?! Amazing!

Michelle Quinno said...

What a sweet layout!!

Suzanne C said...

Love the expression on your sons face! Too cute! Great layout! Lin's card is beautiful!

Nana said...

Wow, gorgeous page and fabulous stitching!
hugs

Unknown said...

Girl I'm just loving all this stitching. It looks awesome !!!

Audrey Pettit said...

We did have a grand day, didn't we? So many fun new places to discover. I've set all my new pretties out so that I can look at them. :)
Love, love, love that snow page, my friend! The photos and their arrangement totally rocks, and I adore all your stitching and the crocheted snowflakes. Great kit and a great page.

Lynn said...

Hope your vintage hunt was a ball! I love that stitched title...and a great way to photograph your layouts!

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

Hi Kathy! Lovely page... the snowflakes make me yearn for a white Christmas:)

Lin said...

Just now seeing your post that mentioned my card - how sweet of you! Thanks for the mention. And your layout is darling - love the stitching and the crochet snowflakes. And your little sweetie too :)

Patty O'Malley said...

You do a great job stitching titles! Love your Thanksgiving table setup! Isn't it wonderful to receive a handmade item--makes your day!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!

Erectile Dysfunction said...

This is good site to spent time on.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...