Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

Its mid-week and time for another crafty blog share. When I closed on Monday, I promised I would share my Valentine page with you. My darling husband had brought home roses and mini cupcakes last Friday evening and left me a little Valentine message in Sunday's paper. He's a real keeper! I took photos since my flowers and cupcakes will not last long and created this page.


Guess what? I posted this page on Two Peas in a Bucket yesterday and it was picked for the featured project of the day! Woot woot! There's nothing like seeing your work recognized! And it's so cool that all the wonderful things my honey did made this the special page it is!

My next share is a baby card I made last weekend.


I'm amazed at the number of cards I've made using just a few pieces of patterned paper from the Letterbox line by American Crafts. The adorable little clothesline accent on my card is from American Crafts' newest Dear Lizzy collection. I love it!

Now I'd like tos share a  book with you that I picked up on Monday called 'The Lovely Bones.' I read the first paragraph and was hooked.


The first paraghraph reads, "My name was Salmon; like the fish, Susie. I was fourteen when I was murdered on December 6, 1973. In newspaper photos of missing girls from the seventies, most looked like me: white girls with mousy brown hair. This was before kids of all races and genders started appearing on milk cartons or in the daily mail. It was still back when people believed things like that didn't happen."

So that's a wrap for my Wednesday post! I've got a lot of crafting to do since a whole bunch of new digital kits came out at Two Peas in a Bucket yesterday and I'm going to make a lot of fun projects with them and will share them with you Friday! Probably some next Monday too!

Supplies:

Sweet Nothings
Card Stock:  Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper:  Scalloped Edge and Text-Making Memories, Raspberry-K & Company
Border Punches:  Fiskars
Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette
Rub-Ons:  Making Memories
Chipboard Hearts:  Heidi Swapp

Baby Girl
Card Stock:  Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper:  American Crafts
Border Punch:  Fiskars
Rub-On:  American Crafts
Dimensional Sticker:  American Crafts
Buttons:  Oriental Trading Company
Corner Rounder:  Ek Success
Craft String:  Michael's

10 comments:

Monica said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog :-) Love your valentine LO! What a smart way to keep memories from gifts :-)
Hugs Monica!

Kathy said...

I just signed up to follow you..congrats on your new blog and loving all the projects...so creative. Congrats on the Two peas feature...that will NEVER happen to me...but, I'm ok with that! HUgs,kathy

sheryl k said...

That is such a cute page!! I love how you took the pics..such a great way to capture the moment!! Love the card too..and congrats!!! Thanks for sharing! Sheryl K

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful card!! I just love it!

Courtney Baker said...

Congrats on being featured that layout is totally fab!

Barbara said...

Your layout is so pretty-I can see why it got chosen! I really like your card with the Dear Lizzy paper too!
:-)

Heather said...

Very cute! Love that page layout. I need to get back into scrapbooking. Seems like soon as I started cardmaking, I quit scrapbooking. :D

Mona Pendleton said...

Congrats on your Valentine's Day LO Being featured! YIPEE SKIPEE! Cute card :)

Linda Beeson said...

Your DH brought you mini cupcakes!!! Yes, he would be a keeper for sure!!! Love the layout and the card is so cute

Audrey Pettit said...

Great projects, Kathy! That page is just so sweet and the card is adorable. Lovely, lovely work, my friend.
I read that book.......it's a good one. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...