Sunday, January 31, 2010

Traditional, Digital or Hybrid?

What kind of scrapbooker are you? Have you caught the digital bug or do you like to roll up your sleeves and jump right into your paper, stamps and various accents and tools? Since I stared scrapbooking in 2003, I've dabbled in digital not really knowing it or thinking much about it. My very first page was of my three year old son painting. I took his painted hand and made an imprint on paper. When it was dry I scanned it and then imported it into Print Master so I could crop it  and copy it over and over to make patterned paper for my page. So you could say I've always been a hybrid scrapbooker.

I don't think I could ever completely leave behind the buttons, ribbon, chipboard and oodles of other embellishments that are so fun to play with. However, in recent times, I've incorporated more digital elements for my paper crafting to become a  more eco-friendly scrapper. If I can reduce the amount of stuff I have on my pages, the better for the environment. For example, lately I've been interested in doing more stamping on my greeting cards, but that would require a lot more product with all the stamps, inks, etc. Stamping is one area I can really see myself creating digitally.

Anyway, I thought I'd share a couple hybrid cards with you today. This first card I created using a fabulous digital kit called 'February' by Jen Martakis of Two Peas in a Bucket.


Isn't this loopy heart pattern adorable?!?! I love it! The little tag I attached with pop dots to give the card texture is a also from the kit and has a loopy frame. If you click on the picture you will get a larger image and can see these details better.

This next hybrid card is from a digital kit called 'This Year' also by Jen Martakis. She's oh so talented! Anyway, I really love the bright and happy colors of this kit. Makes it so you can use it for just about any project you can dream up!


This kit includes some colorful journaling blocks that I used as a frames for each letter of my sentiment. The alphabets are included too and I really like the subtle graph paper pattern they have.

Supplies

Be Mine
Card Stock:  Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper:  February by Jen Martakis
Tag:  February by Jen Martakis
Ribbon:  May Arts - Buy
Rub-On:  American Crafts

Love
Card Stock:  Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper:  February by Jen Martakis
Journaling Blocks:  February by Jen Martakis
Alphas:  February by Jen Martakis
Ribbon:  May Arts - Buy

Well, that's a wrap for this post. Leave me a comment and let me know what kind of scrapper you are and I'll visit your blog to see your creations. Thanks for dropping by! :) Kathy

2 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Very sweet cards, Kathy! Lovely use of the digital papers.

Unknown said...

I am soooo not a digi person - would love to be but have not taken that leap yet. I do work with digi stamps - does that count? Until it does I will continue to stalk digi crafters like you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...