Friday, August 14, 2009

Snowflake Remake



Last year I made this fun and glittery snowflake (bottom photo) with an unfinished wood snowflake die cut from the craft store. It wasn't too difficult. I picked out this pretty blue and and white snowflake patterned paper that I papered the snowflake with and then added glitter to give it a lot of sparkle. The finishing touch was the white satin ribbon. Done!

Well, yesterday a great gal pal of mine, Audrey, came over to do some crafting and we were flipping through a magazine for inspiration, before we began out projects, when we came upon the same die cut snowflake decorated in a completely different style. It reminded me of this blue one I made last year so I pulled it out to show her. Right away she had some fabulous ideas that turned my pretty snowflake into an amazing creation! Just by layering a couple felt snowflakes and adding them to the center with some adhesive pearls, it transformed my snowflake into a stunning new creation. (top photo) Thanks, Audrey!

To see more of Audrey's incredible creations, she's such an inspiring artist, check out her blog at www.audreypettit.wordpress.com.

1 comment:

Audrey Pettit said...

Awwww.......thanks for the shout out! Love your snowflake! Love all your stuff, actually! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...